Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Please Don't Help My Kids"

Please Don't Help My Kids by Kate Bassford Baker

"Dear Other Parents At The Park:
Please do not lift my daughters to the top of the ladder, especially after you've just heard me tell them I wasn't going to do it for them and encourage them to try it themselves.
I am not sitting here, 15 whole feet away from my kids, because I am too lazy to get up. I am sitting here because I didn't bring them to the park so they could learn how to manipulate others into doing the hard work for them. I brought them here so they could learn to do it themselves." 
You can read the rest by clicking the link above or here
This reminds me of a few other books I've read and/or have been recommended on parenting for resilience and self-efficacy: 









No comments:

Post a Comment

On Twitter @FindYourMarbles

Popular Posts

Resolution, Not Conflict